The role of Senior Technical Producer at Jacob Tyler is responsible for overseeing, managing and owning technical projects (websites and mobile applications) internally from inception through execution and delivery, including communication with design partners and internal development teams.. The Senior Technical Producer assumes the responsibility for day-to-day management of the process, people, budgets, workflow and scope associated with their assigned projects. This includes, working collaboratively with account management in all aspects of project oversight and owning budgets, schedules and milestones. The ideal candidate for this role is strategic, solution-oriented, a critical thinker and is inspired by the opportunities that technology can bring to an idea and to our work. Senior Technical Producer is a role that is innately invested in owning the project, producing the work and paying close attention to the details and tactics. This person has deep experience with producing website and mobile application projects, working directly with designers and developers. This person understands the development process and how to set-up and run sprints to drive a team towards solid, impressive products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop/own interactive process from IA to UX and development, with the ability to think quickly, accurately and strategically.
- Create comprehensive project schedules and manage all creative and technical milestones and deliverables associated with assigned projects.
- Function as the ultimate hands-on problem-solver, identifying potential issues and working with appropriate resources to find meaningful solutions that will ultimately result in the best work.
- Effectively operate in the interest of the work, balancing the demands of the client and the needs of internal teams.
- Develop technical portions of scopes, building out technical requirements while forecasting and reviewing hours.
- Develop measurements to improve team effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Contribute to product roadmap planning, resource management, project scheduling and release management.
- Manage external partners (where applicable) overseeing costs, timing and all reviews and deliverables.
- Work with the team in real time, daily, to ensure that the path forward is clear, any blockers are solved for and the team stays on track for completion.
- Clearly communicate the status of the project to other team members with ease and frequently to ensure the entire team is in sync.
- Maintain all living documentation/tools through the project lifecycle including schedules, resource and budget management tools, any technical documentation and management tools.
- Anticipate any potential issues with the project through careful planning and proactive critical thinking.
- Will require some client-facing time to clearly communicate the technical nature of the project, the path forward and any active/open items.
- Mentor more junior producers or those with less technical production expertise
- Minimum of 7 years of experience within a digital or agency environment.
- Experience scoping, bidding, gathering requirements and management for at least one of the following: web projects, ecommerce, Magento, Shopify, Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Solid data analysis skills for measuring and managing a technical delivery.
- Must be incredibly detail oriented.
- Experience working directly with creative team members and development engineers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience working in digital marketing and media.
- Deep understanding of project management, and web and mobile technologies.
- Advanced technical knowledge of various systems (Android, iOS, HTTP, Web Services).
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and clients at once.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
As well, all team members will:
- Be able to work independently.
- Be a team player.
- Be loyal, responsible, creative, inquisitive.
- Understand brand communications and its role in the business world.
- Understanding of social media and spread the word about American National Investments.
- Uphold and enhance the image of American National Investments (professional, trustworthy, creative, responsible, honest).
- Have excellent writing and verbal skills.
How to Apply: Send email (under 25mb) to email@example.com and include:
- Compensation expectations
Note: We have posted this position for our long term development partner Devnostic located in San Diego.