Senior Graphic & Interactive Designer
We’re a growing full-service creative agency looking for an exceptional Senior Graphic & Interactive Designer at our San Diego office to join our high-energy team.
The senior graphic designer is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet marketing strategies from concept to completion. A Senior Designer at Jacob Tyler ideally has experience in both traditional and interactive design and must have expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Software.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, enthusiasm for design, and be comfortable working in an agency environment. The position will offer the opportunity to work both individually and collaboratively on all aspects of the creative process for a wide range of projects. You’ll be responsible for working with the team to translate our key messages and vision into high-quality communications for both our brand and our clients.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in graphic/UX/web design. Minimum of 10 years of advertising agency needed. Significant Interactive marketing experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- You will design creative assets for all of the brands within the Companys portfolio against creative briefs that may include designs for: Ads (print, digital, etc.), booths for shows, sales materials, presentations, promotional items, point-of-purchase displays
- You will support the team in the creation and maintenance of brand guidelines to ensure a common understanding across departments as to what is on-brand and what is off-brand
- You will creatively collaborate with other on-staff designers, agencies, and other outside resources in the production of creative assets
- You will manage project and program timelines from concept through final production of creative assets
- You will present conceptual ideas and justify design decisions for creative assets
- You will work collaboratively with Creative Services, Brand Marketing, and Senior Leadership in delivering creative assets
- You will multitask on several projects at once, often with tight deadlines and with relentless attention to detail
- You will demonstrate expertise in storytelling, typography, layout, and aesthetics of all creative assets
Skills and Requirements:
- 12+ years of agency experience in interactive design and user experience.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking – both visual and interactive.
- Strong understanding of information architecture and usability principles.
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and new Adobe platforms.
- Master of design principals (typography, color, layout, etc…)
- Understanding of WordPress CMS for content population, security maintenance and recommended plug-ins.
- Showcase multiple examples of websites that have been designed and developed following user experience strategy to work responsively on all modern devices.
- Excellent communicator, both on and offline.
- A sense of humor and good listening skills.
As well, all Jacob Tyler team members will:
- Be able to work independently.
- Be a team player.
- Be loyal, responsible, creative, inquisitive.
- Understand brand communications and its role in the business world.
- Understanding of social media and spread the word about Jacob Tyler.
- Uphold and enhance the image of Jacob Tyler (professional, trustworthy, creative, responsible, honest).
- Have excellent writing and verbal skills.
How to Apply: Send email (under 25mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Compensation expectations
JTCG offers competitive compensation and health insurance. Due to the large number of respondents, no phone calls please. We will contact you with follow-up instructions.