We’re a growing brand and digital creative agency looking for a detail oriented Project Manager at our San Diego office to join our high-energy team.
The Project Manager MUST HAVE PRIOR AGENCY EXPERIENCE and will be responsible for managing all client projects through the project lifecyle, including scoping proposals and timelines, creating estimates, as well as managing budgets and work-back schedules. The project manager works closely with the Account Manager to facilitate consistent communications between the agency’s creative/development teams assuring the on-time delivery of all client projects. This role is responsible for being the agency advocate and effectively managing their programs on-budget, on-time and on-quality.
The project manager works closely with vendors/contractors assigned to projects, managing them within scope and budget, as well as assuring their components are executed on quality and on time. An effective problem solver on a day-to-day basis, the project manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities.
- Agency advocate during internal communication
- Continually keeps work flowing past bottlenecks
- Manages all projects on-quality, on time and on budget
- Responsible for the consistent successful facilitation of program(s) from estimation through launch and maintenance
- Serves as primary contact for vendors and freelancers
- Monitors project budgets and schedules daily team project list
- Catches project scope creep and notifies the internal team immediately
- Identifies and proactively resolves any deliverables that might fall behind schedule
- Develops, manages and updates project work-back schedules
- Ensures that the agency delivers all components of a given scope of work while also being watchful for over-delivery (scope creep)
- Guides and directs solutions for any project-related issues that arise
- Manages budgets and projects within our project management system (current software includes Basecamp)
- 2 – 4 years’ experience at a creative, digital or marketing agency
- Website build project management experience
- Extremely solid organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of the web and the creative/interactive process
- Reverence of multitasking as an art form
- Clear, concise, direct communication style
- Vested interest in growing an agency and contributing to its culture
- Experience in project management and collaboration softwares a plus (Basecamp, Slack, Google Apps, Bugherd and Gantt charts)
- For this agency: Creative, inquisitive, professional, trustworthy, honest, loyal
- Able to work independently and be a team player
- Versed in project management and its role in the business world
- Savvy in social media and willing to spread the word of Jacob Tyler
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Keen attention to detail
As well, all Jacob Tyler team members will:
- Be able to work independently.
- Be a team player.
- Be loyal, responsible, creative, inquisitive.
- Understand brand communications and its role in the business world.
- Understanding of social media and spread the word about Jacob Tyler.
- Uphold and enhance the image of Jacob Tyler (professional, trustworthy, creative, responsible, honest).
- Have excellent writing and verbal skills.
How to Apply: Send email (under 25mb) to [email protected] and include:
- Compensation expectations
JTCG offers competitive compensation and health insurance. Due to the large number of respondents, no phone calls please. We will contact you with follow-up instructions.