Paid Media Director duties and expectations
You have expertise across all channels—including Paid Social (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat, TikTok, Pinterest), Paid Search, Display, Programmatic, and more—and your sweet spot sits right at the intersection of all of them. You see the big picture and have a holistic understanding of how full-funnel paid media works in harmony with other paid media channels and analytics. Integrating cross-divisional data and breaking down silos to drive innovation is your thing. You have a firm grasp on data; understanding the technology, tools and what is possible– then making it happen.
Here’s how you’ll drive innovation…
- Evangelize Jacob Tyler vision within paid media; driving excitement, adoption, and integration as we run full-steam towards big data, automation, machine learning, and holistic search strategies
- Responsible for divisional profit and loss; management and execution of top and bottom line growth, assist in budgeting and forecasting
- Create and maintain scalable processes that support our transformation towards big data and holistic strategy in search
- Forecast changes in our industry and develop specific business requirements to ensure future competitive advantages that aim to position Jacob Tyler as a thought leader
- Manage and drive vendor/staffing needs to ensure appropriate alignment with client needs while managing against growth goals and agency margin expectations
- Build strong relationships with clients to ensure that their needs are constantly met and are congruent with company mission and vision
- Work closely with business development team to identify, qualify and close projects
The skills you’ll bring to the table…
- 10 + years of experience managing cross channel budgets ranging from $5,000 to $300,000 per month
- A deep understanding for audience buying across all paid media platforms
- Engage in all aspects of paid media, including platform capabilities, targeting opportunities, pricing formats and bidding strategies
- Tenured leader in paid media with an understanding of how a digital marketing agency functions
- Ability to manage Search and Social campaigns in house, while managing external vendors on larger cross channel campaigns including: Display, Programmatic, etc.
- Ongoing optimization efforts to meet campaign objectives, including daily management of campaign budgets, on-site conversion actions, bid management, negative keywords, website and category exclusions, ad creative, and landing page revisions based on performance targets and client objectives
- Demonstrated success of growing and scaling Paid Media Accounts. Success drives new business opportunities; ability to identify, cross and up-sell opportunities by partnering with Account Managers and articulating our value to current and prospective clients
- Prepare, research and present paid media plans and biweekly/ monthly reports working with a variety of clients
- Exceptional presentation skills, ability to source and use data to articulate a complex strategy to an audience of varying degrees of marketing knowledge and expertise
- Holistic and critical thinker; ability to foster high levels of cross-functional collaboration
- Create Department efficiencies by building standardized Paid Media Cross Channel reports
As well, all team members will:
- Be able to work independently.
- Be a team player.
- Be loyal, responsible, creative, inquisitive.
- Understand brand communications and its role in the business world.
- Understanding of social media and spread the word about Jacob Tyler.
- Uphold and enhance the image of Jacob Tyler (professional, trustworthy, creative, responsible, honest).
- Have excellent writing and verbal skills.
How to Apply: Send email (under 25mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Compensation expectations: Starting salary range $100,000+/year, based on experience.